There are currently over 200 AIP members nationally, representing a great diversity in terms of ownership, content, language and target audience.
Women owned publications
7 863 699
Total monthly readership
2 621 233
Total monthly print run
We strive to equip AIP members with the vital information, training and support needed to sustain and strengthen independent media in South Africa.
The Association offers the following services to its members:
- Networking and exposure to the broader independent media sector, through participation in training and industry events run by the South African National Editors’ Forum (Sanef), the Press Council, the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC), the Advertising Regulatory Board (ARB) etc.
- Automatic membership to the Press Council (at no cost).
- Membership of Sanef’s sub-committee on community media if interested including reduced SANEF membership fees.
- Access to free training and skills development workshops on a host of relevant topics.
- Access to relevant resources and research.
- Opportunities to interact with fellow publishers at provincial and national level.
In turn, members are expected to:
- Abide by the Press Code.
- Agree that the AIP and the ABC liaise with the relevant printers for verification of frequency and print run.
For more information about membership, contact us here.
Become a Member
Join our network of independent publishers in South Africa today to access the benefits of AIP membership.
Ready to Join?
Sign up now to join the Association of Independent Publishers.