At the Portfolio Committee meeting of Communication, Donald Liphoko of the GCIS stated that there is a three tier system for community advertising. Registering as individuals, co-op registration and advertising procurement agency registration but that the GCIS reserves the right to work with community media directly.
It seems to me wise that all members should register individually on the National Treasury Supplier database so that your product is eligible for all departments and all provinces.
Registering on the National Treasury supplier database is an electronic process, you will need to log on to www.treasury.gov.za,
complete the database form and provide the following:
1) Your company registration certificate
2) Your tax clearance certificate
3) Original certified IDs of the Directors of the company
4) Banking details that are consistent with the company registration details
5) Two contacts for your paper
6) Your printing timelines for the year.